Health and Physical Education Course, Primary and Secondary Education
Teachers who can convey the enjoyment of physical movement to their students
The Physical Education Course in the Primary and Secondary Education Major strives to cultivate primary school teachers who have a broad perspective and strong liberal arts background, as well as knowledge and skills related to primary and junior high school education, an excellent ability to provide instruction in their area of expertise, and the ability to teach in light of the necessary cooperation between primary and junior high school. Students will, after taking their liberal arts and fundamental classes, study subjects related to the teaching profession, will gain knowledge and skills related to school safety and crisis management, and will deepen their studies in their chosen fields of specialization.
- Individuals who have a strong ambition to acquire the practical educational skills needed to become a primary school or junior high school physical education teacher.
- Individuals with an interest in and passion for physical education and sports, who find joy in providing appropriate guidance to children who are at the optimum age for learning to exercise, based on their particular stages of development.
- Individuals who have adequately acquired fundamental knowledge and skills in the subjects they took in high school.
- Individuals who have a strong desire to work in the teaching profession, and who can maintain the interest in their field.
- Individuals who have a sense of mission and passion to be involved in the growth of children.
- Individuals interested in acquiring skills to communicate with people of diverse ages.
- Individuals familiar with or interested in schools and education based on their own school experience.
Educational Goals 1
Diverse learning related to physical education in primary education
From their freshman year, when they acquire basic knowledge, until their senior year, when they learn practical skills, students attend workshops, seminars, and mock training classes where they play the role of teachers in order to learn about physical education techniques, to learn a wide range of knowledge from fundamental content to teaching methods.
Educational Goals 2
Self-awareness as a skill practitioner
Everyone has strengths and weaknesses, but in the Health and Physical Education Department, students must build on their strengths and overcome their weaknesses. Based on their interests and motivation, they have access to consultations from specialists in various fields, utilizing the cooperative system with Sports Department. They gain self-awareness as individual skill practitioners while learning methods for providing students with physical training instruction.
Educational Goals 3
Four years of accumulated teaching practicum experience
To acquire practical teaching skills, students accumulate teaching practicum experience over their four years of university study, from the observation-based practicum (compulsory for freshmen) to experiential practicums (elective for sophomores), their basic teaching practicum (compulsory for juniors), and a supplementary practicum (elective for seniors). Furthermore, using an electronic portfolio, periodic interviews are conducted with supervisors from the time students enroll in the university until their graduation, and provide support to ensure that they have a rewarding student experience.
Areas of Study
Health and Physical Education, Physical Education, Kinematics, Sports Physiology, School Health Sciences